Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Embossing Paste

Today while the builder and tiler are working hard on our house renovations I have been having some fun in the craft studio playing with embossing/texture paste and I LOVE it!

The product I used was Studio 40 Wendy Vecchi Embossing/Texture Paste - Crackle Finish.
And I drew some sketch inspiration from one of my favourite card makers - Amy ShefferThis was the card she created -

 
You can see the post of her card - here
And this is my card:
 
 
 
I loved Amy's clean design but decided to add my own touch of shabby chic to the card along the way.
 
Initially I used a prima stencil and the paste to create the background and whilst this was drying I set about creating the elements to layer on top. Some of you may have seen the post of this on my facebook page - A Little Bit of Shabby.
 
 
The paste was so easy to spread with a palette knife and dries really quickly.  As it is crackle paste each chevron dries with a series of cracks and lumps through it which I loved!



 
I also added foam tape to some of the layers to add some dimension and allow the layering of the elements to stand out more clearly and spritzed on some Mr Hueys to add a random and subtle shine bit to the card.
 


The other new product I played with today was my new Happy Sentiments die and stamps from Simon Says Stamp.  I just adore the fine die cut word and the accompanying stamps in the set.
 
 
 
 

 
The papers were some of the left over scraps from my previous project.
 
I really loved the effect of the texture past and hope to find some time to play again real soon...........
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...