Friday, November 29, 2013

Mojo Monday 321 - Round or Square?

Just wanted to share a card I created for the latest Mojo Monday Challenge - no 321.  It's always round or square week the last week of the month with the Mojo Team and of course I had no difficulty in choosing to go round.  Just love making round cards as I think I may have said a few times already.

So here is the sketch from the inspirational Julee Tilman

 
 
And here is the card I created
 

 
 
The base of the card was created with a Spellbinders Grand Nestablity Scallop Circle die and I used some cream Bazzil cardstock.
 
The rest of the card was created using one of my favourite Christmas 6x6 paper pads - MME Be Merry.
 
 
 
 
For the central strips I decided to use fishtail banners and then I toped this off with a wreath to add the circular element.
 
The wreath was created using MFT stamps Winter Wreath Die-namics die which I cut twice out of two shades of taupe cardstock.  I then topped it with a bow, buttons and leaves.  The leaves were made by dissecting a punched Marth Stewart Glacial Snowflake.  The tips of the snowflake were the perfect size to team up with the miniature buttons.
 
The greeting was cut using the MFT Stamps Notched Tag die-namics die (one of my favs) and the Merry Christmas greeting was a sticker.
 
All the pieces were inked using Tim Holtz Tea Die distress ink - my all time go to fav product to tie project pieces together.
 


I had so much fun playing along with the sketch challenge.  Thanks to the Mojo DT for their inspirations and to all the other cardies who play along too.  Thanks also to you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...