Friday, October 12, 2012

ISSC37 - Happy Birthday to You!

Well it's Friday again and I am happy to say it's time for another iSpy sketch challenge!  This week we are spotlighting the talented  Jean Cross (naturecoastcrafter at SCS) and our sketch is inspired by this card

So here is the sketch:


I have been busy making Christmas cards over the past week and initially thought I would make another based on this sketch, however, I changed my mind and went with a birthday card instead.

So here is the card I created:



 

The papers I selected are some of my favourites.  I love the combination of the bright yellow, red and green in these papers.  They come from two different paper companies but I love how they work together.

I decided to make my circular elements different so one is a doily the other a simple punched circle.  Then I added the hearts and rolled flower.  Both the scalloped heart and rolled flower were cut from felt.



 
 
I wanted to create some layers and depth with this card so out came the roll of foam mounting tape. I really like the way each element can stand out with a little foam tape to differentiate the layers.




I decided to layer the tiny heart and stitched it down the centre.  Then I crumpled each layer of the heart.

 
 


Materials Used:

Paper - Simple Stories, 100 Days of Summer, Simple Pleasures
            Basic Grey, Hopscotch, playground/hop
Card - Kaisercard Vanilla, Envelope Solutions Kraft card base
Dies - MFT Mini Doily Circles, Hearts a Plenty, Dainty Lace Border and Mini Rolled Rose
Stamps - Verve Birthday Bash set
Other - Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, Birch Ribbon, Punch Bunch medium leaves punch and EK 1 3/4 inch circle punch

So why not join in the fun and create your own take on the sketch.  Head over to the iSpy Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!




 




3 comments:

  1. Lee Anne, I just love the shabby-chicness of this. I had to open the thumbnail to take in all those great elements and details. Thanks for doing such a beautiful card on "my" sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Leanne!! Love all the elements in the corner...felt, stitched heart and the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous details on your card! Very pretty paper too~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...