Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mojo 244 and TSTR 117 - With Love

It's the start of a new month which means it's contest time over at Mojo Monday!  I love the sketches the talented team put together and this weeks one by Julee is awesome!



After the excitement this morning of being named one of the Terrific Top Three at The Shabby Tea Room I was excited to see the latest inspiration pic and challenge.  This week Starr is the host and she has chosen the theme of 'Sweet Summertime' along with this beautiful photo for inspiration and the challenge is to create project inspired by the picture USING TEAL or AQUA, PINK and BROWN!  After the miserable weather we have had here in Melbourne the last few days it was lovely to have something warm and fun to inspire the creation of this card.




So here is the card I created!




 The papers used to finish the card off came from Echo Park, The Girls Paperie and Kaisercraft. I selected the papers based on the colour challenge but I also liked the floral paper as it linked into the table cloth in the inspiration pic. 

To begin with I wanted to create a warm background with cream and brown but couldn't find the right piece of paper in my stash.  Instead I used Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and a Victoria's Secret Stamp - Small Handwriting to create the background.



Then I hand pierced the edges to create a subtle border. 


The heart was multi layered and I used foam tape on selected pieces to create some dimension on the card.

I also drew inspiration from the roses and ribbons in the pic and created my own rolled mini roses.



The pic also inspired me to highlight the floral border and add a small embellishment on my card using Kaisercraft mini pearls.



Materials List:
Paper - Echo Park Country Drive, The Girls Paperie Paper Girls and Vintage Whimsy, Kaisercraft Cardstock Mocha.
Dies - MFT die namics Hearts a Plenty, Scallop Ribbon, Mini Rolled Roses, Dainty Doily.
Other - Kaisercraft pearls, Birch ribbon, crochet cotton, button (from the stash) and Collections Scrabble Lettering tiles.


Thanks for stopping by!








3 comments:

  1. Beauty!! Love your details and all your pretty papers! Great Job.
    So happy you could join us this week at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, oh...Leanne! I just adore this! You have put so much pretty detail into this card! The distressing, roses, ribbon & pearls. The pink, blue & brown...it's all too yummy! I also love your blog. I'm a bit of a shabby chic girl myself!
    Lou X
    www.louisesharp.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful job combining the two challenges. This is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...