Saturday, June 2, 2012

ISSC18 and Shabby Tea Room Week #116 - Color Me Pretty

This week I have combined a new colour challenge from The Shabby Tea Room with my iSpy sketch challenge sketch.  I have been following The Shabby Tea Room blog for a little while and love the talented design team and the lovely inspiration pieces they provide. 

So here is the iSpy sketch:



The Shabby Tea Room theme of 'Color Me Pretty' comes with this gorgous  photo for inspiration and Tammy the designer asked that you create a card or project inspired by the photo USING WHITE/CREAM, PINK and BLUE plus FLOWERS and A FABRIC ELEMENT! (Your fabric element could be anything that is made from material - ribbon, lace, burlap, fabric, chenille, velvet, etc.).



And here is the card I created:

 


The papers I used had a definite pink and blue theme to them and there were also touches of white/cream throughout.

Paper - Bazzill Basics Vintage Marketplace, My Minds Eye and  co-ordinating cardstock.

 



The first additional element of fabric came in the form of the fabric covered buttons that a found in my stash. I mounted these on scallop circles cut with my Quikcutz dies.  I also added some seam binding, ric rac braid and picot lace to the card.

 


The flower element was made from an MFT scalloped rolled flower die.  The buttons I chose also had flowers on them.


 


To finish off I also added the "Happy Birthday " sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!






15 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! Your interpretation of the sketch is gorgeous, I love the papers, the banner strips and the buttons and brads!
    Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the first time I have played along with The Shabby Tea Room inspirational challenge and I loved it!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I about fell off of my chair when I saw this gorgeous card! WOW! Thanks for making that sketch look absolutely fabulous! Your shabby chic style is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnne! I am so excited that you like my take on your card/sketch and took the time to comment. I feel very honored!

      Delete
  3. Wow- gorgeous card! I love the shabby chic look if it, and the way you changed up the sentiment flag! Gorgeous colours, paper, embellies- all around pretty card:) Thanks for playing with us this week at iSpy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is totally gorgeous! I love those buttons and the colors are beautiful. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow!!! I LOVE how you used those big beautiful brads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being in the top 3 at TSTR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Gorgeous colours, paper and lovely big brads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! This is stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Ispy Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone for the lovely comments. It's fabulous to hear from you all. Thank you also to the Shabby Tea Room Girls for being made one of the Top Three winners - I am so excited and feel very honoured indeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! This is just lovely! So very pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little buttons on the circles look like beautiful dainty hats to me.. So adorable Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is amazing! i understand why you were picked a winner on ispy! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be still my heart.... Love all those fabric covered buttons on the ovals and offset....soft colors..frilly and pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...