Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Got My Mojo Back - Mojo 238

Hello and thanks for waiting for me to get back into my card making after the paper show, holidays and a week of teaching.  As you can imagine I was so excited to get back into my studio and start creating again. My first stop for a challenge was Mojo Monday and Sketch 238.  This would have to be one of my favoutite blogs to follow.  I have so missed playing along.  This weeks sketch was designed by Mary Fish from the design team.  Thanks for the inspiration Mary!  Here is the sketch:



 My take on the sketch is a little different this time round.  A friend's mum has asked me to make her some 80th birthday cards that have a special fold or feature so I have created a pocket card.  The sketch was used as inspiration to decorate the front of the pocket.  Here is my card:


The papers were some favourites from my stash.  I love the little rosebud print and the background looked a little like fabric which I also thought worked well with the distressed checked background.  Of course I added an oval doily from MFT and some seam binding.  Instead of the tag coming off the central embellishment, like in the Mojo sketch, I used a second doily to create a tag section on the insert card.


I had loads of fun adding some Kaisercraft mini paper blooms and pearl flourishes.



Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned as I am off to create another card!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...